Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Merry Go Round

Here is the second baby quilt top I finished! Woo-Hoo! It is the pattern Merry Go Round by Sandy Klop.


Made by cutting strips! The pattern is for a twin size quilt so the first quilt I made the blocks were really too big for a baby quilt. I shrunk the template so I cut the strips 2" instead of 2 1/2".

Sew half of the triangles together. Notice that one strip set makes 2 circles that have opposite colors.


Lay out your rows.....



And sew them together! Pretty darn slick, huh?
This was the first quilt, which I am still going to finish and give to the parents to be, I just wasn't happy with the size of the circles. You can compare the top photo with this one and may be able see the difference.
I hope to get them both basted and quilted before next week.




5 comments:

  1. Good fabric choices for a baby! And a nice design. Easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea it was that simple :o) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt...another one to add to my long long list! Thank you for the tutorial. It looks easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing so many hexagon block quilts lately. Thanks for showing that they're not as difficult to make as we would expect.
    Pretty quilt -- lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!