Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That

I haven't had a lot to show of my own, but I have been working on a few projects.


This little quilt designed by Sue Spargo is another one for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Sue made two adorable labels for me to apply to my AAQI donation quilts. Well, I sent the dancing lady off before I received the two labels so I thought I better get busy and make 2 more. The labels are dated 2009 and that's a perfect goal. The one above is done by hand and I made a wee bit of an attempt to do some embellishing. (OK, a button and some couching!!) I'm working on the second one in the evenings, all by hand. When that's done I'll do a little hand quilting, get them registered and post another photo on my blog.

On a side note, if you don't know about the Quilt Federation SmackDown, where have you been keeping yourself!? Have you checked out the bids? It looks like Hollis Chatelain is in the lead with a bid on her quilt of $2000. All the quilts are amazing. If you can't afford to bid on a quilt how about a donation and a chance to vote on a Viewers Choice? $5 bucks gets you 5 votes.

Blind Man's Fancy has been on my "list" for awhile and here is my practice block. It's full of funky sizes and this one has a few problems, but I think it's a go for a long term quilt.


And these little stars keep getting put aside. Slowly I am getting more assembled.

9 comments:

  1. Great Sue Spargo design! Her work is so happy and whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, DARLING, would you please tell about that terrific quilt in your masthead.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy do I love those little stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some terrific blocks there. I'm partial to the BMF and the Sue Spargo one looks great, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects. I love the little stars, and can't wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea to make a stack of stars eventually you will be able to painlessly make a great quilt, or two single bed ones. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks this is a great idea. Just looking on your blog you have a great sense of colour! I enjoyed the stroll through your pages thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!